1. Who are we?
We are Goyard Inc., a New York registered entity, registered under company no. 5193056 and having a registered office at 20 East 63rd Street New York, NY 10065, United States. We are the publisher of the website accessible at https://www.goyard.com ("the website").
At Goyard, we take the privacy and security of your personal data very seriously. This policy explains what personal data we collect about you, why we need it, how we use it and the rights you have regarding it.
2. Children Under the Age of 16
Goyard's website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
3. What personal data do we collect?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where any identifying markers have been removed.
The personal data we collect from you includes the following categories of information:
- Name, age, gender, sex, nationality, and passport number;
- Telephone number, postal address, and email address;
- Order customization file and associated message;
- IP address, device type, internet service provider, operating system, and other device and usage information;
- The history of past orders and associated order information (e.g., date of purchase, name of buyer, and order number);
- Payment card number and other payment information;
- A log of any contact you have had with us (by email or via online chat);
- Marketing and logistical information (orders, sales, after sales service etc.), sales reports, complaints and information requests, email campaigns;
- Video surveillance data for our physical locations;
- Employment application data (CV and cover letter) for job applicants.
4. Where does the personal data we collect come from?
5. What are the purposes of our processing?
5.1. We may process your personal data for purposes of:
- Presenting our Website and its contents to you
- Providing you with information, products, or services that you request from us
- Managing and following up on inquiries made by customers or prospective customers
- Managing payments from customers
- Managing customer quality involving a rating;
- Managing and following up on after-sales customer service
- Marketing and advertising products and services
- Managing and monitoring of product warranties
- Engaging in internal uses such as data analytics with the purpose of enhancing existing and creating new products and services
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, contractual obligations, relevant industry standards, and our policies
- Management and follow-up of applications
- Fulfilling or meeting the reason you provided the information, or in any other way we may describe when you provide the information
5.2. The legal bases on which we process your personal data
We only process your personal data if at least one of the following conditions is met:
- We have your consent to the processing of the personal data.
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data (or a third party has such an interest).
- We must process the data to perform a contract.
- We are bound by legal and regulatory obligations that require the processing of personal data.
6. Disclosure of your personal data
- Authorized Goyard staff members.
- Goyard’s parent company, subsidiaries, or affiliates.
- Goyard's service providers and subcontractors, only to the extent that they need to access your personal data to perform their activities (e.g., our IT service providers).
- A buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Goyard's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Goyard is among the assets transferred
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Goyard, our customers, or others.
We maintain reasonable safeguards intended to maintain the confidentiality of personal data. We require consultants, suppliers and vendors to maintain data protections consistent with reasonable and appropriate obligations of data processors, including, where applicable, European Union’s data protection laws and regulations.
Personal Information may be transferred, stored, maintained, and processed in the United States or in other countries where we have facilities or where we have engaged a service provider. This storage, maintenance or processing will be performed under privacy and security laws and standards that may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
By using our website or by providing information to us, you consent to such storage, maintenance and processing outside your country of residence.
7. For how long do we keep your personal data?
We keep the personal data of our customers only as long as necessary in order to manage our commercial relationship with those customers, and to send them any marketing information which we can lawfully send to them.
Our retention policy is available on request.
8. What are your rights?
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection law in relation to your personal data. You have the right to:
- Request access to the personal data we hold about you;
- Request corrections to any of the personal data we hold, if it is inaccurate;
- Ask us to erase your personal data;
- Object to the way in which we process your personal data; or
- Request transfer of your personal data in a commonly-used file format.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated. Please keep in mind that there are exceptions to the rights above and, though we will always try to respond to your satisfaction, there may be situations where we are unable to do so.
If you have any queries about your rights or for information about the protection of your personal data, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
9. California Consumer Privacy Act Supplement
Deletion Rights: You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal data that we retain, subject to certain statutory exceptions, including, but not limited to, our compliance with U.S., state, local and non-U.S. laws, rules and regulations. We will notify you in writing and provide an explanation if we cannot comply with a specific request.
Disclosure and Access Rights: You have the right to request that we disclose to you certain information regarding our collection and use of Personal data specific to you over the last twelve (12) months. Such information includes:
- the categories of Personal data we collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the Personal data was collected;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting such Personal data;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share the Personal data;
- the specific pieces of Personal data we collected about you; and
- whether we disclosed your Personal data to a third party, and, if yes, the categories of Personal data that each recipient obtained.
No Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA, including by denying service, suggesting that you will receive, or charging, different rates for services or suggesting that you will receive, or providing, a different level or quality of service to you.
How to Exercise Your Rights: To exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update date : 10/04/2023